Roseville Alzheimer’s & Dementia Community Action Team (Rsvl A/D) was established in September 2013 as a volunteer alliance of community members, municipal, fire, and police staff, aging services professionals, school district senior program staff, and county library staff. Co-sponsorships fund programming and resource development.
Our mission is to improve the lives of people with dementia and their care partners by providing access to meaningful programs, services, and education.
- equitable access to resources
- cooperation and collaboration among providers
- reducing stigma and isolation
Roseville Alzheimer’s and Dementia Community Action Team (RSVL A/D) programming continues to adapt to changing needs in the population, changes in available services, and to restrictions caused by the pandemic. Examples of adaptations in response to the pandemic:
- In-person educational programming was replaced by virtual programming, which is available on demand 24/7.
- Resource listings on the Rsvl A/D webpage were expanded to include services such as food, housing, crisis hotlines & counselling and virtual and at-home activities needed during the pandemic.
Current Rsvl A/D programs and resources include:
- Rsvl A/D webpage updated monthly; Facebook page updated as needed.
- Dementia: Caring & Coping during the Pandemic: Series I and II: interviews and presentations about dementia caregiving (Partnership: Rsvl A/D, Alzheimer’s Speaks with Lori La Bey, Ramsey County Library)
- Staycations: curated details about daytrips around the Twin Cities for people living with dementia and their care partners. (Partnership: Rsvl A/D, Reflections of SilverCrest, Ramsey County Library)
- Memory Minders: A Kit for Caregivers (Partnership: Ramsey County Library, Rsvl A/D). Kits contain resources and activities and can be checked out by patrons from various Ramsey County libraries. Individual kits for various stages of dementia including Lewy Body Dementia, plus a kit for helping children understand dementia.
- Memory Minders: Travel Kit (Partnership: Ramsey County Library, Rsvl A/D). Kits contain detailed checklists and guides for short and long-distance travel with a person living with dementia. Kits are available for checkout from Roseville and Shoreview branch libraries, and can also be downloaded from the Rsvl A/D webpage.
- Former Dementia Caregivers Re-Entry Initiative: former caregivers explore and address their needs after their care partner dies
- Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Program: working for expansion in US
- Dementia-Friendly Airports Working Group
Rsvl A/D members meet monthly to plan and implement programs and events. Meetings are held on the 1st Friday of each month 9:00 to 11:00/11:30 A.M. If there is a holiday conflict, e.g., New Year’s Day, meetings are on the second Friday of that month.
During the pandemic, meetings are held on Zoom. To attend a virtual meeting, email your request to: RosevilleAlzDem@gmail.com
Please allow two weeks for an invitation to reach you.
We welcome new Rsvl A/D participants to help us work on these projects and suggest additional actions.